- «Not one less», this is the slogan sign of this day in particular.
- Every day in the world 103 women die from femicides, a fact that is rising more and more with the passing of the years.
- Even a single victim in the whole world would be too much and unfair, but man’s wickedness cannot end if we don’t act concretely.
- Unlike many years ago, the number of women and girls killed has increased, the rate of women victims of domestic violence, killed by fathers, husbands, ex partners who want to take revenge or by violent men, is always increasing.
- 81.000 women were killed in 2020.
- In 2020 there was a femicide every 11 minutes.
- Asia holds the record for number of victims due to femicides, about 20.000, followed by Africa with 19.000, America with 8.000, Europe with 3.000 and lastly Oceania , which however is also the least populated region.
“The woman came out of the man’s rib, not from his feet to be trampled, not from his head to be superior, but from his side, to be equal, from under his arm to be protected, next to his heart to be loved by him.”